This privacy notice explains how we collect, use, and share your personal data and what rights you can exercise related to the data we process as part of the services. To the extent that specific sites, applications, products, or services outline additional terms related to data collected by that site, application, product, or service (such as recruitment sites where you choose to submit an application for employment with CFS Group), those additional terms shall govern collection and use of your personal data for the purposes outlined therein. By using the services, you accept the practices described in this privacy notice. This privacy notice was last updated on the date listed at the top of the page and applies from that date.
We may occasionally amend this privacy notice and any changes will automatically be effective when published on CFS Group website(s). It is your responsibility to periodically review this privacy notice to ensure you understand these terms. You may retain a copy of this privacy notice for your records and any questions or concerns should be addressed as outlined below.
Personal information collected
For the purposes of this privacy notice, "personal data" means information that, either separately or together with other identifying information, can identify you. To the extent that applicable data protection laws require special treatment of specific types of personally identifiable information, CFS Group shall take such measures as are necessary for compliance with these laws.
Most of the information we collect is information provided directly by you when you register for or use the services. This information may include:
- Contact information–full name, job title or function, company name, department, email address, physical mailing address, telephone number, user name
- Professional information–job description and related information, such as job function or the position to which a job function reports within the company; company detail such as number of employees; professional or trade publications to which you subscribe; and related trainings attended
- Account registration data–to register for a CFS Group user account, which is required of certain products and services, we will collect your contact information (including a unique username), certain professional information, and a unique password, which may be paired with an activation code specific to the license(s) you've purchased
- Transaction information–your contact information, the types of products that interest you, your purchasing requirements, billing information associated with a purchase (excluding any payment card data)
- License fulfilment and verification information for products–we collect and pair a device ID and hostname with your CFS Group user account in order to activate and manage licenses assigned to your account
- Information related to providing support for our products–when you contact us for support related to the services, you may provide your contact information, device or product IDs, and logs of your use of the licensed product (which may include IP address and/or other device identifiers, location data, and usage data pertaining to when and how you use the product)
- Responses to surveys – information you provide in responding to surveys on the websites, via an app or email, on the telephone, or otherwise; testimonials or other feedback related to the services, which may be paired with your name, title, and company name where you provide express consent
- Information from forms that you complete on our websites
We may also collect and use information obtained through your use of the services or from the device you use to access the services, including:
- Information from cookies, web beacons, browser type, operating system, domain name, access times, which pages you visit within our websites and referring website addresses, how you use our websites (including the types of products and events that interest you and articles you download)
- Data analytics – when you use our services, certain deidentified analytics data, such as feature usage, may be communicated to us for product improvement purposes
- Device identifiers, such as IP address, that, when linked to your username or registered email address, will enable us to ensure compliance with the licenses purchased under a subscription model for certain CFS Group products.
- Use of third-party services (with which we have legally binding data processing agreements) to send and track receipt of communications to our customers generally, and to analyze the pattern of those communications for trust and security purposes, as well as to gather data, such as inquiry data, to assist us in better understanding our customers' interests. We currently have data processing agreements with a number of organisations.
Finally, we may use publicly accessible information to verify any information you provide or which we otherwise collect, as outlined in this privacy notice, in order to manage and expand our business.
Some cookies on this site are essential to enable you to move around the websites. Services such as accessing secure areas of the websites and staying logged in cannot be provided without these cookies. The other cookies on these websites collect anonymous information about how visitors use our websites, for example, which pages visitors go to most often and if they encounter error messages on web pages. All information these cookies collect is anonymous. This information is used only to improve how the websites work. By using our websites, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.
Use of Data
CFS Group uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain our services (justification: legitimate interest and performance of a contract)
- To notify you about changes to our services (justification: legitimate interest)
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our services when you choose to do so (justification: legitimate interest)
- To provide customer support (justification: performance of a contract)
- To monitor the usage of our services and to detect and address problems in our services (justification: performance of a contract and legitimate interest)
- To provide you with news, special offers, and general information about other goods, services, and events that we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or inquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information (justification: legitimate interest and consent)
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
CFS Group may process your personal data if at least one of the following items is true:
- You have given us consent to do so
- We need to perform a contract with you
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it's not overridden by your rights
- We have a legal obligation to do so
Retention of Data
CFS Group will also retain usage data for internal analysis purposes. Usage data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this information is used to strengthen the security of or to improve the functionality of our services, or when we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer of Data
Your Data Protection Rights Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. CFS Group aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your personal data.
If you wish to be informed what personal data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your personal data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you.
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable, and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time at which CFS Group relied on your consent to process your personal information.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests. You have the right to report to a privacy authority about our collection and use of your personal data. For more information, please contact your local privacy authority in the EU.
Unless otherwise required by law, we delete your personal data after we are finished with data processing.